The kids and I spent a nice, relaxing weekend in Roosevelt with my awesome family. The drive is long and exhausting, but so worth it. The kids just eat up the time with Grandma and Papa and love being outside at the farm. We made the journey to meet our sweet new family member Payzlei Anne Parrish. She is so precious and I just couldn't get enough of her. It was good to get a little of my baby fix- not enough- but a little. I managed to get one little pic of her before my camera battery died- I know great planning ahead!
I know, this is a real mod-podge of a post, but onto the food! This soup is a family favorite and always a great stand-by for those "I have no idea what to cook tonight" nights. This is a recipe that's been requested by a few of my friends, so here you go!
2 C potatoes or broccoli or both (my preference is both)
2 C water
Cook the veggies in the water for 10 min. In the mean time, start the white sauce.
6 Tbsp butter
1/4 C flour
2 C milk
Melt butter and add flour. Stir in milk over med. heat until thickened. When veggies are tender and white sauce is thick, mix together (don't drain the veggies). Add 8-10 oz. of velveeta cheese and mix until melted. Serve with a bit of crumbled bacon on top because as Matt says, "everythings better with pig!"
So, do you set goals? I try to on a weekly, monthly, and yearly basis. However, I'm not very effective because I usually forget what it was I was working on by the end of the week. So, I am posting this weeks goal as a way to be held accountable for it. Maybe if I know that you all know about it, I'll really work on it. Maybe. So, here goes, I'm trying to reduce clutter in my home by putting away the clean laundry everyday. There. I know it sounds like a very small and even "duh" kind of a goal, but for some reason, I avoid putting away that freshly folded batch like the plague. I really don't know why it's just that little step that I get caught up on, I mean, the laundry is DONE. All I have to do is open a few drawers and grab a few hangers, but I just. can't. do. it. So, I'm asking you to help me help myself. Please feel free to tease me, nag me, and gently remind me this week and maybe I'll remember to report on my progress at the end of the week. What are your goals this week?
3 comments:
Okay, that soup looks to die for. I swear I'll drive up to eat it. I'm with you on the laundry thing. It will just sit in baskets for weeks and then I'll wonder where all my clothes went. Good on ya! Sorry I had to cut our conversation so short today. I really would like to chat longer. I'm just getting settled down today at oh, midnight. Love ya! Good luck with your goal. My goal this week is to not yell. Sad isn't it, but it's true.
I think I'm going to adopt your goal for my goal this week. I have the hardest time with that! Folding the laundry too- I often need to put them back in the dryer for a few minutes so they're easier to fold since I didn't do it right away!
crap! I just tried to print your recipi... 19pages later!! oh well totally worth it!! That is so cute about your temple day! I hope we will be there one day!
Post a Comment