Well... almost. But it was a really close call.
It all started when I tried to squeeze some decorations that I had used for Christmas into the empty crannies of my decor closet. The barn star was just too big and wouldn't fit in any of the spaces I tried. So, I went for the top shelf. The shelf containing small wall shelves that are not currently in use. The barn star pushed the shelf capacity just over the edge and everything came tumbling down. The barn star with it's sharp, tin points headed straight for my chest as if to express it's anger over not having a designated space of it's own. It was almost serious. I could've been really injured.
That is why I decided to have a decor swap party. You know, when you get together every woman and possibly any interiors interested man and swap your stuff. The stuff you don't use. The stuff that looked really cute on the wall of the bathroom two houses ago, but no longer holds a place in your heart or on your wall. The stuff that you bought with the intention of adding a good coat of spray paint but never got it painted. We all want a new fresh look sometimes, but let's face it, who has the money for home decor these days? Not me. So, let's swap! I'm thinking February sometime and will let you know when I settle on a date. That gives us all ample time to go through our stuff, dust it off and get it ready for new home where it will be loved. You can bring holiday decor or any other tchotke you may have lying around. We'll set it all out and take turns making selections from other peoples stash. So what do you say- want to come? If you do, leave a response on the blog or give me a call and I'll make sure to get you an invite. The more the merrier (and the more stuff to choose from!).
Speaking of home decor, you know those window shelves that you always comment on when you come to my house? You know, the big black ones that my sweet and ever so talented hubby made me for my birthday? Well, you can order your own now! Matt and his brother are building them in thier shutter shop along with custom interior shutters. Whoo- hoo!
3 comments:
love the swap idea! I am all in. Already starting to get a pile of stuff together. I am so glad you are back to the blogging world.
hope you don't mind - put it out there on facebook... lots of interest!
I saw your post on ikatbag about the magicians hat... check out WWW.soyouthinkyourecrafty.blogspot.com. if the hat wins there will be a tutorial. Just thought I would share.
Post a Comment