Friday, April 3, 2009

Curve Balls

Ok, so this week hasn't exactly been what the week I planned. I had all sorts of ideas of all of the fun, mostly outdoor activities we'd enjoy. We'd sew matching pj pants for Hadley and the cousins. We'd have picnics at the park and stroll around the zoo. Of course I also planned on having the energy to do all this with a smile on my face while doing all of the last minute stuff for the childrens dance piece I'm choreographing, getting one of my solo parts down for concert, and keeping up on the laundry. Um, let's just say it didn't go as planned- none of it. Hadley will join her Mama & Daddy tommorrow, and I have a rehearsal with a choreographer and I'm totally lost when it comes to my solo. And the laundry? Let's not talk about it.

But there is one thing that I didn't plan on. That was this little guy. As of sunday, I had no idea I was about to become the Mama of a newborn again. As of sunday, I had no idea the joy and love this little one would bring into our family. We've all fallen for him so fast, it's not even funny. I worried how Sam would react since he is a total Mama's Boy and a little on the spoiled side, but he's taken to it so wonderfully! He's always asking to hold the baby and help feed the baby. Good, good. I don't know how long he'll be with us. His future is uncertain for sure. But no matter what happens, he will always be a part of our family! For all of you who are just now hearing about this or who I haven't been able to call and talk to about it, please know that I've wanted to. I'm still trying to figure out how to go from 3 munchkins to 5 (6 mon-thurs, when I babysit) within the same week. So, please forgive me and hopefully we can chat soon! I so want this sweet little babe to feel of your influence in his life, even if just for a little while. He deserves to be surrounded by all of the love and support he possibly can be. His short 2 months haven't been easy. And thanks for all of your love and support as we take on this new challenge! There is no way we could even consider taking this path without the amazing support system we have!

This week has been crazy for sure, you should see my house (Jen K., I know you're laughing right now!)! But with all of the craziness, there have been those moments that make me smile. Like this one when Sam and Hadley both refused to take naps and I gave in thinking maybe they'd wind down with a movie...



















So... on to the promised list of a few of the things I've been inspired by this week (and the last few weeks).

  • Sunday Stations- We read about this idea in the March issue of the Friend. So simple and so fun! We've been doing it through the month of March and we all look forward to it. It's the perfect way to help the kids wind down for the beloved sunday nap! If you don't have access to the friend, go to www.lds.org. Then go to gospel library and down to magazines. It'll take you from there.
  • My friend Jenny from simplelifelove.com has inspired me to eat more leafy greens. Not quite as much as she's been eating, but definetley more than I've been eating!
  • My friend Carolyn has been doing lots of fun things with her kiddos each day. She's inspired me to try harder to be more actively involved with my babies. Sorry, her blog is private, but if you want some ideas, let me know and I'll pass 'em on.
  • Conference Ideas from the Ensign- looking forward to trying out some of these great ideas with the fam. (For more info, follow the same directions in the first bullet, but choose the Ensign instead of the Friend.)
Really looking forward to all of the inspiration from General Conference this weekend. I love to hear our Prophet speak and the amazing feelings and thoughts that follow. Really, really looking forward to spending it with my family!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

He's a beauty! And I can't think of a better family for him to be with! You guys are so wonderful!

D said you would be in our direction this week! I would love to see you, he mentioned the zoo?!

Good job with eating the leafy greens! And who cares about laundry when there are other, so much more important things to attend to!

The Austad Family said...

Tessa - He is so cute! And he looks so content in that picture to be in your lovely, spirit abiding home. He is a lucky baby to be under your care. I hope nothing but good things come his way. You guys are saints!

Shawni said...

Great ideas! I need to try that Sunday Station idea.

You asked about the book club idea...my friend's daughter just had the idea and we happen to have like 12 girls Elle's age in our neighborhood who are all friends. So they chose the first book adn then everyone took a month. Every mom and daughter pair get to host one month when they chose the book. We do food or activities pertaining to the book we read. It's really such a fun mom/daughter thing.

Good luck!
--Shawni