Friday, March 27, 2009

Tackle It Tuesday - on Friday

Ok, so I'm finally getting around to posting Tuesdays projects! Oh well, such is life. So, here we go.. This week I needed a little spring inside the house since the outside was covered in snow- again!


The sofa table: random green objects and apricot blossoms being forced to bloom a little early.



















The entry table: Eggs and more eggs. My only purchase this spring (a little tight on the decorating budget, you know)- a whole carton of fake quail eggs for a couple bucks. I've used them in several places throughout the house and still have half of the container full -love them! Hot glue and spray paint are fabulous friends of mine.










The dining table: My bucket of fake grass (leftover from Valentines day) with a few marble easter eggs and some sweet little ceramic chickies. The marble easter eggs were our first easter decorations after we got married. Awesome dollar store find complete with little eggs stands.

Next week I promise to try to post on time. And I'm really not trying to turn this into a decorating blog. Also next week, I'll be starting Inspire Me Fridays. A little list of things I've been inspired by throughout the week.

So, are you joining me in the Tackle It in Ten projects? What have you been doing? I want to know!! (I need you to inspire me for next fridays post!)

Oh and a little extra joy from our house this last couple of weeks- especially for you Grandma & Papa!
Avery finally decided to learn to ride her bike without training wheels. The girl can be very stubborn! (Yes, Dad, I know where she gets it from!) We'd been practicing a little bit, but hadn't really practiced starting off on her own. We were outside the other day and she came out with her bike and her helmet (on backwards you'll notice) and just took off! I ran in the house for the camera and made her start again.

4 comments:

The Austad Family said...

Tessa, honestly, you amaze me with your decor ideas. You have a real talent and you rock. Wanna come do my house? It all looks so cute!! I could never come up with that.

Got your phone message! I would love to do something, but we're celebrating Tom's birthday with family over the weekend and such. Plus, Sammy has croup. Not the best month for me, but I'm dying to get together!

Ben and Eirene said...

Yay for Avery!! We liked the part where she tells Sam to watch out. Feeling motivated to make our house recover from the long winter... if only it weren't ten pm, I'd get on it right now!

Jen K. said...

Horray for Avery, it really is a big deal when they finally take off on there own.

Jen K. said...

Is that a real chocolate bunny? How do you keep your kids from eating it? Where did you buy your eggs? I want some too. I have no spring/easter decorations...I need your help!