Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy everything!

Happy St. Patricks Day! Here are a couple of the little ways we celebrated today...

Over the rainbow cupcakes complete with gold at the end for the girls classes.



















Parker's 3 leaf clover hair-do (I got this fun idea from a hair blog- thanks Jen!).


And we started the morning off right with a leprechaun kiss on the kids cheeks, green leprechaun eggs and four leaf clover pastries! I know, I'm a little cheesy, but why not celebrate the little things?








On to other happy things...

I found these little beauties peeking out of my front flower bed this afternoon. What a happy surprise! I love discovering what's growing in the yard each spring ( especially because the last 3 springs have been in different houses!).















And here it is, my Tackle it in Ten project...

A happy little spring time centerpiece. I love putting things together from around the house. It's always cool to feel like something is brand new and it didn't cost you anything!


Hope you have a happy day too!

5 comments:

The Childs Family said...

LOVE Parker's hair...you are one COOL Mom! Happy Spring to y'all...I bought some daffodil bunches at the store and they have bloomed and are sitting on my kitchen table and I LOVE them!

The Green Family said...

How did you make those cupcakes? You amaze me with all of your cute fun projects!

The Austad Family said...

You are thee cutest Mom ever! Love it!!!!

Jenny said...

I love the cupcakes! You are such a great mom! I loved celebrating little holidays when I was younger- my mom made them so special! What wonderful memories you're creating for your children!

MEvans said...

Thanks guys! You're really too sweet. As for the cupcakes, super easy (otherwise I may have thought twice about decorating 50!). I just bought Airheads Xtremes, cut them in half and inserted into the cupcakes, then I added a little yellow-orange sugar at the end.