Saturday, November 1, 2008

Missing You

I love Logan. Especially in the fall and the spring. The tree lined streets just add such beauty to a town. And I am so glad we moved back, we've made great new friends, and Matt loves his job. We're just supposed to be here. Logan fits us.




















However.....


I do miss some things about Layton. Namely, my friends (not that I don't have great friends here,) and my kitchen.

I've been thinking a lot about my Layton Ladies and wishing I could be closer. Amanda just had her baby (5 weeks early) and it was really hard for me to not be there. A 2 hour mid-week visit just wasn't enough (although very worth the drive to see this little guy and his beautiful Mama!).



















And the kitchen. In the rush of Halloween and costume making and class party planning and home buying (more in a later post, but can I just get a woo-hoo?!), I settled to make some Halloween sugar cookies. Let's just say rolling out Mom's amazing sugar cookie dough on my barely there counter top made me a little reminiscent for last years sugar cookie experience. For the span of about six months I had the closest thing I may ever have to my dream kitchen... ahh counter space.

3 comments:

The Austad Family said...

Ohh, I haven't even seen Poleston yet. Is that how you spell it? I need to get over there and see him this week. We are missing you too! We need to get together soon, but I'm not sure what to do now that Amanda is on baby duty. I loved your kitchen too. You had a sweet set-up there. Your rental was nicer than my own kitchen while living there.

Jen K. said...

Wow, I would miss that kitchen too! But doesn't great friendship totally beat a great kitchen? Cozy kitchens that are as big as a hallway are always a dream, ha ha! We are so happy that you moved back to Logan, I seriously don't know what we would do without you!

Vickers Family said...

Tessa, I miss you in that kitchen!! Thanks for coming to visit it really made my day! you are so sweet and such a great friend! I am ready for girls night any time hopefully before the holiday season starts! Love ya