Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wednesday's Weekend Recap

Friday
We attended the ward party complete with our two angels and our little shepherd (and his little lamb). The kids sang Christmas Bells and Away in a Manger all dressed up as nativity characters. Both girls were asked if they wanted to be Mary, both said no. They both prefer the side parts, but we were lucky just to get them on stage to sing! Sam just kind of sat up there on the stage and looked around. It was super cute, of course.









Saturday
I had a dance rehearsal and so Matt took the kiddos to my Sports Academy Christmas Party to watch Bolt. They said it was scary. That afternoon we left for American Fork to meet up with Matt's aunt Elaine and family for dinner. It was so good to see them all even though we didn't get a lot of time to chat. We ate at Paradise Bakery and I highly recommend the Croissant Club (with no condiments of course!).





Sunday
The highlight of the weekend was sunday evening when I was treated to a VIP seat at Avery's Super Sunday Fashion Extravaganza. She had set up a backdrop, planned out outfits for her barbies, and had built a runway from Sam's toolbox. Check her mini flashlight spotlight! She even had intermission entertainment by the Strawberry Shortcake Happy Meal twins (they did a spectacular dance). I thoroughly enjoyed the poses each Barbie did at the end of the runway.


All in all, a pretty good weekend. Except, is it only me, or is it super easy to become grouchy on sunday mornings? I'm not the most pleasant person to be around until after my nap. Why is that?

3 comments:

The Austad Family said...

That is adorable and a definite journal entry! So, so cute!!

Ben and Eirene said...

I miss those kids!!! See ya Christmastime! Oh, and um, your posts always make me hungry...of course pretty much anything makes me hungry...mmm, cookies.

Brooke S said...

Holy cow your kiddos are getting so big! How fun to stumble across your blog! Send me your gmail and I'll get you an invite to ours.
brookeahontas at gmail