Ok, so after I posted the recipe for the Baja Chicken Enchilada soup the other day, I realized that on my menu for the week I have a lot of soup! I think this means I've finally embraced the idea of fall and that summer really is over! I love the change of seasons and the way it changes what we want to eat. So, in light of that I've decided to post the recipes of the soups we'll be dining on this week. Last night, Spinach Tortellini Soup. This one is super fast, few ingredients and full of flavor. It's healthy and great to throw together on those really busy nights when you're thinking maybe pizza delivery is the way to go. It takes about 25 min. start to finish! It's great as a vegetarian meal or add some spinach- asiago chicken sausage (Sam's Club) like I did last night for great reviews from the kiddos!
4 c chicken or vegetable broth
1/4 tsp. garlic powder or 1 clove fresh garlic
1/4 tsp. black pepper
3/4 c frozen (dried works too) cheese-filled tortellini
2 c coarsely chopped fresh spinach leaves
Mix broth, garlic and pepper, heat to boil. Stir in tortellini and cook over med. heat 1 min. Stir in spinach. Cook 5 more min. or until tortellini is done. We like to top it with shaved parmesan and serve with crusty bread. YUM!
No comments:
Post a Comment